University

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Brrr

Our internet now works! Woo! Although that was a few weeks ago... we only had to survive 3 weeks without internet. That was still far too long though! Dale said he thinks it was the longest he's been without internet since dial-up, as even on holiday that's only 2 weeks...I think it's the same for me! Lol. Needless to say, when they first switched it on, we were all inseparable from our computers for a while...lol.

We're in Reading Week now, so of course I have mid-terms grumble grumble. I don't know anyone else at Manc with midterms - it's ridiculous lol, and I think just a ploy to stop us going home because reading week is 'NOT a holiday' haha. Although tbf, some subjects don't have a reading week at all. Having said that I'm pretty sure I'd prefer lectures to exams. Perhaps. Lol, these aren't really too bad, only half an hour, but still worth 10% of each module :-S. Still last two today and then we are going out to celebrate finishing all the revision we've been doing haha. Anyways despite the best efforts of the Uni I did go home for a slightly extended weekend and had lots of train fun on the way back...they broke the train so had to sit at Chesterfield for 40mins (very cold lol) to wait for a working train because ours developed a 'terminal engine fault'. We'd said it looked a bit old and clunky when it arrived at Ely but I didn't think it would *actually* break down. Ah well, fun times lol.

Robyn and her friend Leanne came up last week to look at the Uni and look round Manchester. I think they had fun...they certainly did a lot of shopping lol, which made us all very jealous, despite them being unable to find the Arndale lol, which we found very funny hehe.

Dale's birthday last thursday so we went to the Comedy Night at Opus. It was actually really good - we weren't quite sure what to expect but all really liked it - and always good to broaden the horizons lol. Speaking of which me and Laura went with her coursemates to The Jazz Club a couple of weeks ago as well, which we really liked, quite cool to do something different...

The weather has now turned freezing! And I am now understanding how cold the top floor of this house is haha. When the heating is on, you start off pretty warm downstairs and as you go up each floor it gets colder and colder lol. I have managed to trun my radiator on now though (I had worried it was broken), but it seems to take a year to heat up, and then only the bottom half lol. I'm hoping that that is just because it hasn't been used for ages and that it will get better... :-S...lol.

Coors gave out posters at Uni to put up in your windows and then they'd come round and give all the houses with the posters free Coors (light but ah well, free beer! lol). Walking down our road before I knew about it, I was just like, why has everyone got this poster in their window, then I got to our house we had one too lol..which Dale had put up...excellent hehe. When they came round, they brought like 4 4x4 coors cars and then just went from door to door (with the posters obv. lol) shouting free beer hehe...lol :o) good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home