University

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I'm so internet-dependent... :-S

My internet broke on Thursday - very distressing. It just stopped working, I went on my computer and it said that the network cable was unplugged. Liar. Lol, well partially, my network cable wsan't unplugged, but the one in the switch room was apparently broken. All fixed now :) it's a beautiful thing. No internet is no fun lol.

We went to 5th Ave on Friday and were very confused when it didn't shut at 2, but stayed open 'til 3. Most confusing lol, especially as they still had last orders at quarter to 2... However, this apparently isn't an including weeknights thing, as was there last night and it closed at 2. 5th Avenue is our local indie club lol, and by local, I mean on the same street as our halls which is fantastic :) and being an indie club, it is very student aware hehe - bottles only 80p :)

It is very strange having only one weekend left before the one where we'll all be going home for Christmas. We've been planning next weekend (our Christmas Day) for ages and now it's almost here... we are actually going to have to buy the food for Christmas dinner on Saturday and buy the secret Santa presents...

Tonight, having a bit of a lazy night (in preparation for tomorrow's going outings and recovering from last night's lol) and me and my Lost buddy May are planning to finish watching Series 1 of Lost - exciting stuff :) it's a good job we have it on computer as we always seem to be out when it's on (on a Wednesday). Although having all the episodes to hand has got the better of us and we're now ahead...

Since reading week, I have had a new development to my timetable... I now have Fridays off!! Three day weekend, every weekend hehe. This (like the internet) is also a beautiful thing and I will miss it dearly when it is gone (like the lovely cold and DRY weather we had that has now been replaced by rain...lol I like it when it's cold).

We've also now added blue baubles (6 for £1, the pound shop rules!) to our tree. It looks so nice although we're still missing a fairy for the top. In our search for one, we investigated the Manchester Christmas Market, which is actually really nice, very Christmassy :) there was a brass band playing christmas carols when we were there. They even sell Gluehwein (although in Frankfurt Weihnachtsmarkt mugs lol).

1 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog by chance and I am very happy about that as you brought to me wonderfull memories. You see I spent my hall summer in Manchester leaving in Lambert Hall and I really had a very nice time. I am from Greece and when I am thinking of Manchester I am very moved. I remember the parties in the Hall, the home cinema, the machine with the chocolates near the door (do they still have the lions schocolate?).
Please post fotos from the hall parties.
best regards

 

Post a Comment

<< Home