University

Friday, October 07, 2005

...and then there was light :o)

Finally the light in my bathroom has been fixed :) When I switched the switch today (which I tend to always do as the two light switches for my room and my bathroom are backwards and so I never get the right one...) I was astounded...it was very dim when I got here and then last week it gave up. Seeing as the best mirror in my room is in the bathroom this is an important development... :D

Today marked the end of my first lab experiment... each experiment lasts for either two or three weeks and we spend one day a week in labs. We were doing laser optics and managed to get through it pretty well at least according to our assessor lol... you have to have an interview at the end of your experiment and they mark you in 5 areas out of 10...pretty scary :S

I have started going to ballroom dancing classes which is great fun :) It's on a wednesday for an hour every week and is really good. I go with Tash from my physics course and then some of her flatmates (since it's really close to where they live...unfortunately it's about half an hours journey involving buses grrr from lambert). We have so far started learning the cha-cha, the rumba, the waltz and the jive - so much fun...

Lectures are still pretty ok at the moment, dynamics and maths are a bit dull as they stil seem to be introducing stuff that was in further maths but hopefully it should so be a bit better. Quantum physics and relativity is just starting to get weird... lol.

Tonight we are off to M-Two club as it's Hannah in my flat's birthday tomorrow and as most of us are going home tomorrow night we wanted to go out tonight for it. Should hopefully be cool...

We are getting a better knowledge of the clubs and pubs which is good, having been down to printworks a couple of times and into manchester and just around where we live. There are so many compared to Cambridge's two clubs lol...it's great :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home